Police Officer - Alternative Eligibility Entry Program
The Roselle Police Department currently has vacancies in the patrol officer position and Pursuant to 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6(h), the Roselle Police Department is looking for Experienced Law Enforcement Officers to be placed on an Alternate Eligibility Entry List to fill the vacancies. Candidates placed on the list will have preference for appointment over the standard Eligibility List. To apply to become a Police Officer through the Alternative Eligibility Program, please fill out the Online Application.
Applicants must meet the following requirements as of the date of application:
Initial Hiring Process
- Certified as a full-time police officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Prior continuous service as a police officer in the State of Illinois for a minimum of two years.
- High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in any field from an Accredited College or University.
- Online Application
- Oral Interview- Board of Fire and Police Commissioners (BFPC)
- Pre-Background Investigation
- Applicants placed on list based on final score as approved by the BFPC
Conditional offer of employment based on the successful completion of:
- Full Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination/Drug and Alcohol Testing
$64,822 to $103,173 (after 13 steps) *
* based on an 84 hour pay period
Additional information about the Alternative Eligibility Entry Program is available here (PDF). The Village of Roselle and the Roselle Police Department are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age or disability.
Applications for Police and Firefighters
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners appoint successful applicants to the position of Police Officer and Firefighter. More information is available on the Fire and Police Department vacancies page.
The Village of Roselle is a participant in the Employer Partnership of the Armed Forces.