Police Officer - Alternative Eligibility Entry Program
Pursuant to 65 ILCS 5/10-2.1-6(h), the Roselle Police Department is looking for Experienced Law Enforcement Officers to be placed on an Alternate Eligibility Entry List. Candidates placed on the list will have preference for appointment over the standard Eligibility List. To apply to become a Police Officer through the Alternative Eligibility Program, please fill out the Online Application.
Applicants must meet the following requirements as of the date of application:
Initial Hiring Process
- Certified as a full-time police officer by the Illinois Law Enforcement Training and Standards Board.
- Prior continuous service as a police officer in the State of Illinois for a minimum of two years.
- High school diploma or equivalent and completion of a minimum of an Associate’s Degree in any field from an Accredited College or University.
- Online Application
- Oral Interview- Board of Fire and Police Commissioners
- Pre-Background Investigation
- Applicants placed on list based on final score as approved by the Board
Conditional offer of employment based on the successful completion of:
- Full Background Investigation
- Polygraph Examination
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination
$64,822 to $103,173 (after 13 steps) *
* based on an 84 hour pay period
Additional information about the (PDF). The Village of Roselle and the Roselle Police Department are Equal Opportunity Employers and do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age or disability.
Summer Maintenance Worker - Public Works Department
The Public Works Department is also accepting applications for a part-time, seasonal position of Summer Maintenance Worker. General duties include the operation of light equipment, facility and infrastructure maintenance, mowing, and other duties as assigned. Work hours are 6:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. The salary is $10.00 per hour and limited to, but not guaranteed, a total of 480 hours. This is a seasonal position for a time period of approximately 12 weeks, typically mid-May through mid-August. Applicants must be students, with a minimum age of 18 years. Position open until filled.
Applicants can apply for this position by filling out the Village's Online Job Application. The Village of Roselle is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications for Police and Firefighters
The Board of Fire and Police Commissioners appoint successful applicants to the position of Police Officer and Firefighter. More information is available on the Fire and Police Department vacancies page.
The Village of Roselle is a participant in the Employer Partnership of the Armed Forces.