- A 5 lb ABC type fire extinguisher must be provided, or accessible within a 75 foot travel distance. For larger spaces, one will be needed every 75 feet.
- All emergency lights and exit lights must be fully functional and working.
- Ground fault interrupter circuits must be installed within 5ft. of all wet locations i.e. kitchen sink, restroom sink, utility tub, etc.
- There shall be no circuit breaker openings in the electrical panel. Blanks shall be installed in all unused openings.
- Only push paddle or thumb turn locks are acceptable on inside door locks. Inside key locks are not allowed.
- Extension cords are for temporary use, and cannot be used in place of not having an outlet. Outlet “cubes” cannot be used. When additional receptacles are needed, a multiple outlet strip with overload protection can be used.
Fire Prevention Bureau Schedule of Fees
Because of an intergovernmental agreement, this requirement is also in effect for the unincorporated areas within the jurisdiction of the Roselle Fire Protection District, serviced by the Roselle Fire Department
For single family homes, each one is unique, therefore it is very difficult to offer a “cost per square foot” for a sprinkler system. However, it has been found that most systems can be installed for under 2 percent of the total cost of a home.For additional information on fire suppression sprinkler requirements, please see the fire suppression sprinkler FAQ.
Home Fire Sprinkler Videos
Fire pits are allowed as long as they are used in compliance with Roselle's open burning /fire pit rules and regulations. Any fire that is deemed to be a nuisance by the fire or police department will be required to be extinguished.
For more information, please call (630) 671-284 or email the Fire Prevention Office.