Message from the Mayor

MayorMaglio2Fall 2018


There has been a flurry of activity in our business community, with several new businesses moving into town, the relocation of a business from one part of town to another, and one long-time business reopening. I want to welcome back Pop’s Pizza at 817 E. Nerge Rd., a business that was forced to close for over a year following a fire at the Cross Creek Commons shopping center. Pop’s is now completely renovated and open for business. Top Gear Powersports has expanded into a new location in Roselle and is now located at 65 W. Irving Park Rd. I also want to welcome Yas Boutique to 111 E. Main St., Guac Mexican Grill to 616 E. Irving Park Rd. (next to the train station), Dollar Plus to 356 E. Irving Park Rd., and Hanna’s Bistro & Cafe to 11 Monaco Dr. (Italian Pizza Kitchen’s old location, at Central and Monaco). We are also looking forward to the opening of The Southern Café Pancake House & Restaurant sometime this fall at 511 N. Roselle Rd., in the space formerly occupied by the Coach House.

The months-long construction on Central Avenue is finally coming to an end this October. The initial construction along Central Avenue started back in April to install a water main to connect our neighbors in Bartlett to the DuPage Water Commission tower next to the Roselle Post office. Following the water main installation, work for the complete resurfacing of Central Avenue began. Central Avenue was originally slated for resurfacing last year, but when we learned that it was going to be dug up for the water main project, we postponed the work until this year. Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds are covering 75 percent of the construction costs for the resurfacing project, with the remaining 25 percent coming from the Village of Roselle.

Please mark your calendar for November 24 and plan to join us for the 3rd Annual Cocoa Crawl on Roselle’s Main Street from 2:00 to 5:00 p.m. We are celebrating Small Business Saturday (Saturday after Thanksgiving each year) with cocoa treat stops at participating businesses, Santa visits, trolley rides, strolling carolers, entertainment in the Civic Plaza, and the lighting of the Community Tree. Visit www.roselle.il.us/CocoaCrawl for more information.

The Village Board is preparing to begin discussions on the most important thing we do each year – set our budget. All of our initiatives and projects are planned for the upcoming year through our budget process. Please join us during our budget discussions at Village Hall on November 5 at 7:00 p.m. and on November 12 and 26 immediately following our regular Village Board meetings to learn more about our spending plan for 2019, and to provide feedback on those plans to the Village Board.