Candidate packets are provided as a courtesy of the Village Clerk’s Office. Each candidate is urged to seek legal counsel to determine individual requirements for running for elected office. For more information, including a link to the official 2017 Candidate’s Guide, visit the Illinois State Board of Elections website.
Important Dates for Voters:
- September 29: Statutory beginning of the early voting period.
- October 11: Last day to register to vote by paper application for the November 8 General Election. Voter registration can be done at the Roselle Public Library (40 S. Park St., Roselle), the Schaumburg Public Library (130 S. Roselle Rd., Schaumburg), the Bloomingdale Township offices (123 Rosedale Rd., Bloomingdale) or the Schaumburg Township offices (1 Illinois Blvd., Hoffman Estates). Two forms of identification are required - one must have your current address. Voter registration may also be done online.
- October 12: First day of grace period registration and voting - must be done at Election Commission Office - Cook County Clerk or DuPage County Election Commission
- October 23: Last day to register to vote by online application.
- October 24: First day for early voting at the office of the election authority or at a location designated by the election authority.
- November 7: Last day for grace period registration and grace period voting; last day for early voting at the office of the election authority or at a location designated by the election authority.
- November 8: Election Day. Polling places are open from 6:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. on election day.
April 4, 2017 Consolidated Election
The following offices in the Village of Roselle are up for election on April 4, 2017:
- Village Clerk
- Village Trustee (3)
Candidate nomination packets for the seats that will be on the ballot for the April 4, 2017, Consolidated Election will be available for pickup in Roselle at Village Hall, 31 S. Prospect St, starting September 20, 2016.
The filing period for nomination packets for these elected positions is December 12 through December 19. During the filing period, the Village Clerk's Office will accept nominating packets at Village Hall:
- Monday, December 12: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 13: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 14: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Thursday, December 15: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 16: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 19: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Village Hall is not open on Saturdays and Sundays; nomination packets will not be accepted at times when Village Hall is closed.