Permit Applications Available Online
Visit the Village's Citizen Self Service portal and click on the Permits and Inspections Tab in the left menu bar to apply for the following permits online: driveway replacement, fence, HVAC replacement, patio, roof, shed, and water heater replacement.
Permit Application Requirements
When applying for a permit, you will need the following:
- Copy of a current plat of survey (usually contained in your closing documents) with the improvements drawn to the scale on the plat
- Three sets of plans for construction
An architect's seal is required for construction over $10,000 in value. Contractors completing these improvements must be licensed in the Village of Roselle and must provide all necessary certificates of insurance, surety bonds, and state or local licenses before permits will be issued. For more information on contractor requirements, fees and forms, visit the Contractor Information page. You can also find recommendations for how to choose a contractor.
Permit Packets - PDFs
A building permit is required for many home-improvement projects. Project information and a copy of the building permit is included in the PDF documents for the following projects:
- Additions - including screened porches and 3-season rooms
- Attached garages
- Basement remodel requirements
- Brick paver patios
- Central Air Conditioning
- Concrete patios
- Detached garages
- Driveways & sidewalks - including approaches and service walks
- Roofs (tear-offs)
- Sewer Repair
- Swimming Pools
Building Permit Fees
The following fees have been established for building permits:
| Water Heaters
|Kitchen or Bath Remodeling
|Driveways and Parking Areas
| Single-family and Attached Single-family
| Business and Industrial
| Burglar & Fire Alarms (commercial)
| Three Unit Attached
| Four Unit Attached
| Five Unit or More Attached
* Homeowners may elect to have several projects simultaneously inspected, with only one fee ($50) applied. This only applies to inspections that are completed during the same visit.
** Additional inspections cost $60.00 each.
For additional information, including a complete listing of projects requiring a permit, please contact the Building Services Division at (630) 980-2000.