Home

Posted on: March 26, 2018

Construction Updates: Central Avenue & Street Improvement Program

Construction5

The Village's annual Street Improvement Program and a project to install a new water main along Central Ave. to connect neighboring Bartlett to the DuPage Water Commission tower are currently underway Ave in Roselle.

Work started on the Street Improvement Program on April 9 and will continue through the end of June. The 2018 program budget includes $650,000 to resurface 2 miles of streets throughout the community that have been identified as being in poor or fair condition.

One of two major construction projects planned for Central Ave. in Roselle this year is also underway. The project to install a water main that will go from the DuPage Water Commission tower (just east of the Roselle Post Office) to Bartlett began on March 26. The water main is being installed along the east-bound lane of Central Ave. 

After the water main project is concluded in July, all of Central Ave. from Roselle Rd. to Gary Ave. will be resurfaced. This work is expected to conclude in October. Federal Surface Transportation Program (STP) funds will cover approximately 75 percent of the construction costs for the resurfacing project, with the remaining 25 percent coming from the Village of Roselle.

Details on these ongoing construction projects are available on the Street Improvement Program page.

Street Improvement Program Updates
Facebook Twitter Google Plus Email