Take our Survey
Those who participated in the Roselle Recycles event on September 8 are invited to take our survey & let us know how we did.
Community Recycling Event September 8
The Village of Roselle, in partnership with the Bloomingdale Township Highway Department and Itasca Bank & Trust Co., is hosting the Roselle Recycles event on Saturday, September 8, 2018, from 8:30 a.m. to noon at the Roselle Metra Station, 540 Irving Park Rd. Roselle Recycles will be held in the north parking lot of the Metra Station, off of Lawrence Ave. (enter through Rose Dr. E.) is open to the public.
The following items will be accepted at the Roselle Recycles event:
- On-Site Document Shredding: 4-5 boxes (up to 100 lbs.) per person limit, no newspapers, magazines, or binders (sponsor: Itasca Bank & Trust Co.)
- Electronic Recycling: computers and peripherals, data center equipment (power suppliers), and office and telecommunication equipment (copiers, fax machines, phone systems, cell phones, hand held devices, projection equipment, audio equipment, video equipment, TVs, calculators, security equipment, typewriters). Electronic recycling is limited to Roselle residents and Bloomingdale Township residents only, proof of residency is required. Only one television per vehicle will be accepted at this event, due to the high cost of recycling televisions. Please bring along enough assistance with you to be able to remove your recyclables from your vehicle. The Township cannot be responsible for any damage to vehicles. (sponsor: Bloomingdale Township Highway Commissioner Bob Czernek)
- Thermometer Recycling: thermometers containing mercury and thermostats (event partner: S.C.A.R.C.E)
- Winter Clothing: coats, gloves, snow pants, mittens, scarves, hats, and boots (event partner: Maddie's Mitten March)
- Bicycles: working or non-working bikes, bike parts and accessories. (event partner: Working Bikes)
- Batteries: Lead Acid (Pb) batteries (from cars, trucks, emergency lighting) Nickel Cadmium (NiCd) batteries (from cordless phones, tools, two-way radios) Nickel Metal Hydride (NiMH) batteries (from camcorders, cameras, bar code scanners), Lithium Ion (Li Ion) & Lithium Polymer (Li Poly) batteries (cell phones, laptops) (event partner: Batteries Plus Bulbs)
- Eye Glasses, Hearing Aids, Printer Ink Cartridges, Cell Phones, Holiday Lights, Keys (event partner: Roselle Lions Club)
- Miscellaneous: new and gently used clothing, linens, footwear, household items, dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, lamps, small appliances, toys, games, sporting goods, vinyl records, Brita & PUR filters & pitchers, CDs & DVDs (no packaging) (event partners: S.C.A.R.C.E & Goodwill)
- Paint: $3 per gallon fee for latex paint, $8 per gallon fee for oil based paint; paint must be in original container (event partner: Len's Ace Hardware)
Items Not Accepted
Light bulbs and medications of any kind will not be accepted at the Roselle Recycles event. Light bulb recycling is available in the outer lobby of Village Hall, and safe medication disposal is available in the RxBox in the outer lobby of the Roselle Police Station.
Area MapEnter the north parking lot of the Roselle Metra Station at Rose Dr. E.
Other Recycling Resources
Visit the Recycling Services page for more information about recycling in Roselle.