Wastewater System Projects
Following the completion of the Wastewater Facilities Master Plan in 2015 and the Water and Sewer Rate Study in 2016, the Village developed a five-year Capital Improvements Plan reflecting the priority needs in both the Wastewater and Water Divisions. The Wastewater Facilities Master Plan identified over $18.9 million in needed improvements to the wastewater collection system.
The Village secured a $17.3 million low-interest loan from the Illinois Environmental Protection Agency to help finance the wastewater facilities projects over the five years. This funding is combined with Village Board-approved annual increases in the sewer and capital improvement surcharge (CIS) rates to fund the remaining infrastructure improvements.
Wastewater Facility Projects
IEPA Loan Funded - $17.3 million
- Combine Jewel/Ventura Lift Station & Relocate Generator – Work began in September 2018 with completion anticipated in early 2019. The Ventura lift station is being removed by installing a gravity sewer to the Jewel lift station and replacing the Jewel lift station with a modern facility. While most of the improvements are below ground, there will be a small building to house the back-up generator and control equipment. This project broke ground in September 2018 and is expected to be completed by in early 2019. The project is located in an easement behind the south property line of homes on Dee Lane between Cherry Street and E. Granville Avenue. Cost: $2.3 million
- Kennedy Lift Station Replacement – Work is scheduled to begin in early 2019 with completion anticipated at the end of 2019. Cost: $1.8 million
- Botterman Wastewater Reclamation Facility Fats/Oils/Grease Removal & Devlin Wastewater Reclamation Facility Digester Covers – Work was completed in May 2018. Cost: $1.1 million
- Botterman Wastewater Reclamation Facility Digester Addition & Belt Filter Press – Work began in May 2018 with completion anticipated at the end of 2018. Cost: $2.1 million
- Devlin Wastewater Reclamation Facility Influent Pump Station Screening – This work will be bid and initiated in 2019 with completion anticipated in 2020. Cost Estimate: $10 million
- February 13, 2018: Jewel-Ventura Lift Station Pre-Construction Bulletin