- Community Development
- Economic Development
- TIF Districts & Incentives
- TIF Incentive: Site Appearance Grant
TIF Incentive: Site Appearance Grant
A Site Appearance Grant is intended for aesthetic improvements to land that will enhance the attractiveness, functionality, or business appeal of property. This grant category is intended to leverage the positive impact that appearance improvements can have on the individual property and surrounding area. While such a goal is highly subjective, eligible projects will be selected based upon a clear demonstration of adding curb appeal and aesthetic value to the public-facing portion of the property.
Eligible project elements may include, but are not limited to the following examples:
- Streetscape enhancements visible from the public right-of-way
- Installation of landscape planters, greenspace, or other decorative vegetation
- Foundation, parking lot and perimeter landscaping visible from the public right-of-way
- Installation or replacement of sidewalks, brick pavers or other public access surface areas
- Replacement of pole, monument, or ground signs
- Parking lot expansion or improvements
- Installation of screened refuse or recycling enclosures
- Other innovative project ideas that demonstrate the ability to create a more attractive and appealing commercial environment
- Grants are based upon reimbursement of actual costs following project completion and documentation of expenses.
- Grants may fund up to 50% of approved project costs, not-to-exceed $2,500 grant funding.
- Written agreement must be executed prior to starting any work related to requested funds.
- Projects must be started within 90 days of grant approval and completed within 180 days.
- Prospective applicants are required to schedule a pre-application meeting to discuss their project prior to submittal.
- The formal application process begins with submittal of an application form, associated drawings, project schedule, project bid/proposal results or other required documentation.
- Applications will be evaluated by a review committee and selection shall be at the sole discretion of the Village of Roselle.
- All grant applications are subject to the availability of budgeted funds.
- Final approval will be in the form of a grant agreement approved by the Village Administrator.